The JDS EL DAC is a professional audio equipment for highest music enjoyment. The EL DAC is based on the Elemen-family of JDS. The EL DAC is cobining the stylish and puristic design with perfect technical performance.
- type: dgital analog converter (DAC), USB-DAC, metall housing;
- technology: S/PDIF - 16/44.1kHz thru 24/192kHz, USB - 16/44.1kHz thru 32/384kHz;;
- connections: Input - USB, TOSLINK, and Coaxial S/PDIF, Output - RCA;
- operating system: Windows XP/7/8, OS X, Linux;
- all JDS products are "Made in America" and directly imported from HEADSOUND.
The EL DAC from JDS is the next member of the ELEMENT family. The technical data are outstanding and the design follows the puristic family style. The extrem clear signal is housed in a perfect housing. The resullt of all technical finesse is a perfect converted signal.
The EL DAC can be operated with an USB, TOSLINK oder coaxial signal and as output you can take the RCA connector.
The heart of the EL DAC is the AK4490 chip. Conversion depends on your input mode: S/PDIF-operation 16/44.1kHz thru 24/192kHz and with USB-operation even 16/44.1kHz thru 32/384kHz.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0,15dB
- THD+N 20Hz-20kHz: 0,0011%
- IMD CCIF 19/20 kHz -6,03 dBFS 0,0017%
- IMD SMPTE -6,03 dBFS 0,00061%
- Noise A-Weighted -109 dBu
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted) > 117 dB
- Linearity Error -90 dBFS -0,01 dB
- Crosstalk -10 dBFS 100K RCA -108 dB
- USB Jitter Components 11025Hz -116 dB
- Maximum DAC Line-Output, 100K 2,00 VRMS
- Interface: USB Audio Class 2
- Native OS Support Windows XP/7/8, OS X, Linux
- Audio Formats: S/PDIF - 16/44.1kHz thru 24/192kHz, USB - 16/44.1kHz thru 32/384kHzS/PDIF (Windows 7 supports 24/192kHz maximum)
- Input - USB, TOSLINK, and Coaxial S/PDIF,
- Output - RCA
- Case Dimensions 5.8 x 5.8 x 0.9 in
- Weight 18 oz
scope of delivery
- EL DAC
- 16VAC Power Adapter
- 3ft (91,44cm) USB Type-A Cable
- 6ft TOSLINK Cable
reviews and tests